Music Library Tracker Media Kit
This page hopefully contains all of the details you may need for writing an article about Music Library Tracker. If you'd prefer a single file with all of this information, you can download our media kit in a zip file (7.6MB)
Music Library Tracker keeps an eye on your music library and monitors additions, deletions, and any changes to your songs. With streaming becoming more popular, it is very easy for song metadata to change or for songs to disappear as licensing deals expire; with Music Library Tracker, you will always know when something in your library changes whether it was by you, a family member, or your streaming service.
- Automatic monitoring of the music library on your iPhone or iPad (including iCloud Music Library if enabled on your device). Everything is stored locally so you can see a full history of your library changes from the date you install the app onwards. Every change is visible on a granular level so you can see exactly what was altered be it title, artist, album, genre, or rating.
- You can enable an optional summary notification in the app settings - this will send you a push notification in the morning if any changes were detected in your library on the previous day.
- 3D Touch support with a quick action for scanning your library and peek and pop gestures throughout.
- Automation via x-callback-url allowing you to see changes to your library in the Shortcuts app or with Siri.
Music Library Tracker contains no in-app purchases and does not require an internet connection; we believe in your privacy so none of your library data ever leaves your device. This is covered in more detail at https://dodoapps.io/music-tracker/privacy/
Music Library Tracker is compatible with iOS 10.0 and greater on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and iPad Pro. UI is optimised for all screen sizes and split-screen orientations including the newer iPhone X style devices.
- Price: $2.99 / £2.99 (there are no in-app purchases or ads)
- Availability: Worldwide
- Rating: Suitable for all ages
- Languages: English
- v1.0 (13th Jan 2016): Initial Release
- v1.0.1 (20th Jan 2016): Minor bug fixes around Summary Notification and Background Fetch Request schedule
- v1.1 (11th Feb 2016): Native iPad / iPad Pro support added (including split-screen) along with landscape mode for iPhone
- v1.2 (19th Feb 2016): Performance improvements and ability to hide days with no activity
- v1.3 (14th Mar 2016): Massively improved speed and reliability with support for huge media libraries (i.e. 100000 songs). Added support for all iOS 9.0 devices.
- v1.3.1 (25th Mar 2016): Fixed an issue with duplicate tracks.
- v1.4 (25th Oct 2016): Added support for iOS 10 and added support for new Media Library privacy controls.
- v1.4.1 (7th Feb 2017): Improved push notification reliability.
- v1.4.2 (7th Mar 2017): Improved tracker reliability.
- v1.4.3 (27th Apr 2017): Upgraded to Swift 3 and fixed some iOS 10.3 issues.
- v1.4.4 (21st Jul 2017): Improvements to speed of tracking.
- v1.5 (3rd Oct 2018): Support for iPhone X, XS, XS Max, and XR screen sizes. Added support for iOS 12 and upgraded to Swift 4.2 with tracking speed improvements.
- v1.6 (19th Oct 2018): Added monitoring of "Year" metadata along with speed and UI improvements. Also added support for automation via x-callback-url for use with Shortcuts and Siri.
About Dodo Apps
Dodo Apps is the company name for freelance app developer Ben Dodson. Ben has been making iPhone apps since the introduction of the App Store in 2008. He has built a number of his own apps (which have been featured by Apple amongst others) as well as apps for clients ranging from worldwide brands to one-man startups. He has reached the top of the App Store charts and been featured on national television. In 2015, his award winning app WallaBee was successfully acquired by Munzee. You can learn more about Ben at bendodson.com and see his recent self-published apps at dodoapps.io
Ben Dodson (Developer): firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a Skype call (or similar) to go through this app or any others in more detail, this can be arranged via email.
Promo codes or TestFlight invites are available upon request.